[ILUG-BOM] Milestone:- Linux Migration at St. Mary’s School

Joe Steeve js at hipro.co.in
Tue May 30 13:59:14 IST 2017

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 20:14 +0530, amit kokitkar wrote:
> OS Flavour Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS Recommended system requirements:

Ubuntu 16.04 ships with Unity. Canonical is abandoning unity in favour
of GNOME. In the next LTS, Ubuntu will ship with vanilla GNOME. I
strongly suggest that we dont put users through this shock. Lets
introduce them to vanilla GNOME from the start.

I would also suggest that we consider Debian. Debian is far more mature
and stable.

--
Joe Steeve
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited