[ILUG-BOM] Milestone:- Linux Migration at St. Mary’s School

Joe Steeve js at hipro.co.in
Tue May 30 16:49:18 IST 2017

On Tue, 2017-05-30 at 14:20 +0530, Raghavendra Kamath wrote:
> I agree, you might also want to consider K.D.E plasma as it is close
> to windows paradigm, will make the transition easy.
> But this is just my opinion.

I've never used KDE. So, I cannot give an opinion on this.

> I agree with this too, I had only one concern though, we need to
> check if the newer machines are supported in Debian Stretch (or
> jessy?)

I dont think the kernel in Jessie has skylake support. We can decide
between Jessie and Stretch based on the hardware the school has.
Stretch is not stable yet. So, I'd prefer we stick to Jessie.

--
Joe Steeve
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited