[ILUG-BOM] Website for ILUG-BOM

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Sun Jun 4 18:28:17 IST 2017

On ഞായര്‍ 04 ജൂണ്‍ 2017 11:05 രാവിലെ, Raghavendra Kamath wrote:
> While looking at the discussion and suggestions made until now. Static website with GitHub or gitlab pages has more support.

I recommend gitlab pages to github pages as the latter relies on a
proprietary service and single company. In case of gitlab, we can have
our own gitlab instances like git.fosscommunty.in (it runs on an older
version of gitlab so it does not support pages at the moment, but when
we update it to a newer version we can have it there as well).

> Anyone has access to the domain "www.ilug-bom.org.in", Can we link it to the new website when me make it?

If this domain is not available, you can use bom.ilug.org.in as well.
There is already alpy.ilug.org.in (maintaining multiple domains also
became painful so now we use sub domains). See fsug.in for a lits of
user groups in India.