[ILUG-BOM] Website for ILUG-BOM

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Mon Jun 5 10:35:42 IST 2017

On 2017, ജൂൺ 4 6:49:23 PM IST, Raghavendra Kamath <raghavendr.raghu at gmail.com> wrote:

>Who owns this one? How can we get access to this? I see that it shows
>gitlab's 404 page.

That's because there is no such sub domain right now and ilug.org.in is pointing to gitlab pages.

It is managed by community (fosscommunity.in, https://matrix.to/#/#fsci:matrix.org), I have access (others too).

That gives me an idea to create a matrix room for ilug-bom as well.

https://matrix.to/#/#ilug-bom:matrix.org

You can install riot app from riot.im. diasp.in accounts work as matrix accounts too. disroot.org also offers matrix accounts.

You can think of it as IRC with a built-in bouncer. It has bridges to irc, slack and telegram.

It uses same protocol as Signal for end to end encryption (including groups). Has voice and video too.

>One a sidenote, it is nice to see that the about section in
>alpy.ilu.org.in uses one of my illustrations of gnu :D.
>
>You can get my other wallpapers in this repo ->
>https://gitlab.com/raghukamath/wallpaper-for-linux
>Not a lot of content yet but I plan to add more in future.
>
>Thanks

Its indeed a small world :D