[ILUG-BOM] [Positions] SFLC.in is looking for a technologist.

GN nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Thu Sep 7 18:37:31 IST 2017

SFLC.in is looking for a Technologist.  Please do spread the word.

Job Description

We are looking for a talented and self-motivated engineers to join us as
a resident technologist and
become a defender of digital freedom. If you love technology, policy,
law and their combined
impact on society, this is a good opportunity for you to make a career
out of your passions.

Responsibilities

• Develop applications and tools to support and enhance research and
campaign about digital
rights.
• Help our lawyers and researchers understand deeper technological
aspects of the research
that they undertake.
• Administer GNU/Linux servers and workstations. Support our staff in
using free software
tools for their work.
• Maintain liaison with free software and technology communities for
collaboration and
promoting SFLC.in’s work.
• Organize technology meetups and events.
• Represent SFLC.in at conferences and meetings (domestic or
international) and promote our
work.

Eligibility

• Strong experience in setting up, maintaining and administering
GNU/Linux systems and
networks; Troubleshooting problems.
• Understanding of free software (FOSS): the technology, the ideology
and the community.
• Ability to read and understand code.

Nice to have

• Love for Debian GNU/Linux (or its derivatives).
• Experience in developing web applications using free (as in freedom)
technologies.
• An eye for free alternatives to popular but non-free software.
• Strong understanding and practice of cryptography, anonymity and
privacy tools.
• Experience in community building.

Note

• Compensation will be commensurate with experience. So candidates with
any amount of
experience can apply.

How to Apply

Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a
cover letter and the latest
resume in a free document format (.pdf/.odt/.txt) to apply -at- sflc
-dot- in with the subject line –
“Application for Technologist“.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position of
filled. For any enquiries and
clarifications regarding this position, feel free to contact Sarath at
011-43587126.