[ILUG-BOM] Software Freedom Day 16th September 2017 - Free Software & Education

Raghavendra Kamath raghavendr.raghu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 16:05:36 IST 2017

Hello Everyone,

Some of the members of ILUG BOM have come together with Free Software Movement
Maharashtra, Digital Freedom Foundation & Don Bosco Institute Of Technology to
celebrate Software Freedom Day 2017.

This years Focus is Free & Libre Software in Education. We have planned to
Invite Teachers and students for a seminar , which will highlight the role of
free software in education.

Agenda:

1. Digital classroom and Lab work — We shall discuss how teachers can make use
of digitized textbooks and computerized exercises for any subject.

2. Teaching Aids — The most complex concepts can now be demonstrated in
classroom to stimulate pupil’s imagination.

3. Programming at an early age — We discuss how children can start coding at
an early age and make their own software.

4. Why Free & Libre Software — What is free and open source software? Why is
it important in Education?  Steps to encourage free software in education.

We are also trying to give (if possible) DVD live installation medias, after
the event.

Venue & Time: