[ILUG-BOM] Software Freedom Day 16th September 2017 - Free Software & Education

Rajeev R. K. rajeevrk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 16:27:04 IST 2017

On 15 September 2017 at 16:05, Raghavendra Kamath <
raghavendr.raghu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Some of the members of ILUG BOM have come together with Free Software
> Movement
> Maharashtra, Digital Freedom Foundation & Don Bosco Institute Of
> Technology to
> celebrate Software Freedom Day 2017.
>
> This years Focus is Free & Libre Software in Education. We have planned to
> Invite Teachers and students for a seminar , which will highlight the role
> of
> free software in education.
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. Digital classroom and Lab work — We shall discuss how teachers can make
> use
> of digitized textbooks and computerized exercises for any subject.
>
> 2. Teaching Aids — The most complex concepts can now be demonstrated in
> classroom to stimulate pupil’s imagination.
>
> 3. Programming at an early age — We discuss how children can start coding
> at
> an early age and make their own software.
>
> 4. Why Free & Libre Software — What is free and open source software? Why
> is
> it important in Education?  Steps to encourage free software in education.
>
> We are also trying to give (if possible) DVD live installation medias,
> after
> the event.
>
> Venue & Time:
>
> Date : 16 Spetember 2017
> Day : Saturday
> Time : 3 PM TO 5PM
>
> Address:
> IT Lab 4, 3rd floor, A wing
> Department Of Information Technology
> Don Bosco Institute Of Technology, Kurla (W)
>
> 12 Minutes walk from Vidyavihar Station(W)
> Map: https://goo.gl/maps/fRQoetu97Vp
>
> We request the support from all of you to make this event a success

Great Initiative guys. Sadly, my travels have taken me away from bombay
unexpectedly, so i wont be there to help at the event. However, wish you
all the best of luck and may the word spread even....

Thanks and Regards

R. K. Rajeev
Ph : +91-9323802020