[ILUG-BOM] Call for speakers, October 2017 meeting

Rajeev R. K. rajeevrk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 18:33:08 IST 2017

On 2 October 2017 at 12:57, Joe Steeve <js at hipro.co.in> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> The next monthly meeting is on 14th October 2017, 15:00 to 17:00, at
> Don Bosco Institute of Technology.
>
> In this meeting, we are expecting a lot of participants from the
> teaching community (schools in particular). They are new to "Free and
> Open Source Software", and to computers in general.
>
> So, for this month's meeting, we need to pick a topic that will give
> them a good introduction to the community and be a starting point for
> their adoption of Free Software.
>
> Please pour in your suggestions for the same.

Hi, Im in town this month, so i can pop in for a session. Since our
whatsapp activities will probably lead to a lot of newbies attending the
meet, i can do a General Tour of the Linux GUI(Gnome version). 30 minutes
of that, then we can follow it up with either an open Linux Q&A or a demo
of various Education Software that we are including on our custom School
Live CD's(will bring at least 20 or so to distribute there, plus ppl can
take it on their pen drives too). Your thoughts people?

Thanks and Regards

R. K. Rajeev
Ph : +91-9323802020