[ILUG-BOM] [PLUG] Debconf 20/21 in India

Rigved Rakshit r.phate at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:19:49 IST 2018

Thanks everyone for submitting the bid for DebConf in India.

If we are thinking of IIT Mumbai as a venue for DebConf 20, then we need to
make sure that IIT Mumbai gives us solid WiFi and mobile carrier signals in
the campus. During the Mini-DebConf there, we had big issues with internet
connectivity. This is something which we can easily fix with help of
current students.

We have good volunteer numbers in Pune and Mumbai combined, for on the
ground support before the event (if it does happen). Also, Mumbai has many
hotels to accommodate a large contingent and the IIT campus is large enough
to accommodate multiple parallel tracks. Plus, we have many good
sightseeing places nearby the city.

Adding Mumbai LUG to CC.

On Mon 6 Aug, 2018, 17:57 akshat, <akshat-pg8 at iiitmk.ac.in> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 6:46 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In-line :-
>>
>> On 06/08/2018, Skool!lookS <look.kool at guruvision.com> wrote:
>> > Kerala is a better place according to me.
>> >
>> > In 52 years of life thus far I found no other complelling reason to
>> > reach there despite it being called "God's Own Country".
>> >
>> > It may change with this option... Debcon may be irrelevant for me,
>> > Kerala isn't..!
>> >

>> Can you stop insulting and put the proper name 'Debconf' rather than
>> 'Debcon' .
>>
>> It's insulting.
>>

> I second that, always mention it with a proper name DebConf.
>

>> Also you took a thread which is happening in debian-india and plugging
>> it in 'plug-in' . Is this some ploy to drive some traffic to 'plug-in'
>> ?
>>
>> That's like taking somebody's code and claiming it as yours :(
>>
>> If you have no interest in Debconf then nobody is stopping you from
>> visiting Kerala now or in October/November .
>>
>> FSF does their thing every year, even Amrita University does a free
>> software program every year, it doesn't need a Debconf to appreciate
>> what Kerala has to offer. You will find more free software activities
>> which happen there all the time, at least much more to what Pune does.
>>

>> > --
>> > Consultant Spirituel
>> >
>> > Guruvision Inc.
>> >
>> > --
>> > "Science is nothing more than an understanding of the way the world
>> >   is and why it is that way.. (it) is the method we use to try and
>> >   postulate a minimum set of assumptions that can explain, through a
>> >   straighforward logical derivation, the existence of many phenomena
>> >   of nature .."  -- From "The Goal" by E.M. Goldratt
>> >

>> --
>>           Regards,
>>           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>>   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
>> EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8

> Akshat Singh
> [PG-8 IIITM-Kerala]
> Pune
>
> Mob.: +91-8806963718