[ILUG-BOM] Multiseat setup

Rajeev R. K. rajeevrk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:12:17 IST 2018

On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 at 11:20, J T Dsouza <jtd1959 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone done a multi seat setup?

I have tested the same, with a few caveats. My test setup was based on
Fedora 26, with consolekit used to manage seats and the input device
pairings. The Caveat was that each seat had to have an independent display
card/device. Multiple outputs connected to a single card cannot be used to
do a multi seat configuration(At least not yet. but is being worked upon by
me).

> I am trying to do it with lightdm which is supposed to have built in
> ability for multiseat.

I tested it back then with both LightDM and GDM, both of which had built in
multiseat support in F26. I intend to be running some more experiments on
the same once I'm back in mumbai in a couple of weeks. Will report more
details then.

I am able to get two mouse pointers but not independent.