[ILUG-BOM] Multiseat setup

J T Dsouza jtd1959 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:28:08 IST 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Rajeev R. K. <rajeevrk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 at 17:28, J T Dsouza <jtd1959 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Trying it out on a gigabyte AB350+ Ryzen 5 2600gpu. Which has 3
>> outputs. With loginctl I can split the devices between 2  seats quite
>> easily.
>>

> There are you using the On-Board Display ports as seat 0, and the addon GPU
> ports as seat1? Or do you have multiple on-board ports with a single
> display controller serviing multiple seats?

Single on board gpu (AMD Vega11) with multiple display controllers.
There are 3 - HDMI, D-sub (VGA) and DVI-D
I am trying to use HDMI and VGA.
So far havent been able to start 2 independent tty or x session, one
each on each display. It is always one login. Copy whne it is a tty
and xinerama when X. Option Xinerama 0 has no effect.
lightdm starts 2 X sessions one for seat0 and one for seat-1 but gets
no response from the one being started on VGA, and shuts that down.

> Could you share your 'loginctl
> seat-status' output?

Will post later alongwith xorg.0.log xorg.1.log.