[ILUG-BOM] Purchasing a RaspberryPi in Mumbai

Royce Pereira roycejp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:33:18 IST 2018

It can't play X265 encoded movies, which are becoming increasingly common.

I found youtube 1080p videos too choking on full screen.

As a desktop it's OK for light and occasional work.
You can use the libreoffice suite and browser.

(Eventually for media playback, i bought  an Android box from a Chinese
site and installed LibreElec 8.2)

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 12:20, Baskar Selvaraj <baskar at linuxpert.in> wrote:

> > RPI3 chokes on anything above 1024 x 768. Frame skips and annoying
> > lags are common.
>
> In LibreELEC, when displaying at FHD (1080p) I  haven't noticed any
> drops in Frame rate even when playing the videos from remote
> computers.
>
> As a Desktop, I use only terminal.

Best Regards,

-- Royce Pereira