[ILUG-BOM] Does GNU/Linux run on Apple hardware?

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at kathe.in
Sun Mar 3 18:13:09 IST 2019

I love Apple's hardware, but don't really like their software much.
Am looking to purchase an Apple workstation, but would like to run some
GNU/Linux distribution on it.

Questions;
1. Is there any GNU/Linux distribution which runs on Apple hardware?
2. Is it legal to run some other OS on Apple hardware?
3. If another OS is run on Apple hardware, does it void warranties?

Please avoid sending in responses stating that Apple Mac OS X is better
than GNU/Linux in some way. That might be true, but personally, I would
prefer GNU/Linux.

Thanks,

~Mayuresh